General & Settlement:


Service Canada
(OHIP cards, learner’s licence, Social Insurance card,
Employment Insurance)

Information about before and after you arrive in Ontario.


Information for newcomers
(finding a job, sponsorship, ESL, Housing, health, etc.)


Ministry of Children and Youth

Programs and Services for Newcomers:

Newcomer Information Centres ( NICs)

Immigrant- Serving Agencies

General Services
or Call 211 (available in various communities)

Getting Started in Ontario

Public Transit

Drivers call 1-800-387-3445

Service Canada
www.servicecanada.caor call 1-800-267-8097

Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) call 1-800-664-8988

Doctors search or call 1-800-268-7096 ext 626

Telehealth Ontario - call 1-800-797-0000

Toronto Public Health

Medical Clinics in Toronto and Ontario

Documents required for SIN

Education and Children:

General Information

School Boards

Childcare and Early Years
www.gwchildcare.caor call 1-866-821-7770

Ministry of Children and Youth Services

Toronto District School Board

Toronto Public Library & Community Centres

Post Secondary Education

Financial Support  for Post-Secondary Education

Parks, Forestry & Recreation:

Toronto Parks, Forestry &


Business and Working in Ontario:

Planning to work in Canada

Labour market information

Employment Ontario

Jobs in Toronto

Service Canada

Foreign education credentials on 'education' then 'evaluate my credentials')

Regulated Professions

Getting work Experience
www.careerbridge.cawww.ontarioimmigration.caor call 416-977-3343

Starting a business - 1-800-567-2345

Workers' Action Centre
(Confidential and free support for workers to know their rights)